Weather Sealing Tapes are an Easy alternative to Wet Silicone SealantsNovember 17, 2014
Right before sealants where introduced into the market in the late 1980s, it was difficult to deal with leakages and weather conditions effectively. Whether it is home or industrial premises, humid air and water can cause a lot of issues. However, things have changed since then. Now, sealant manufacturers have provided us with various options for sealing necessary things in different weathers.
Among the variants of sealants, weather sealing tapes and wet silicone sealants are definitely the most popular ones, but which one should you choose? Which options can offer better results and ultimately last longer?
Basic Sealant Material – For years we have known that wet silicone sealant is made from a silicone compound that can effectively seal many outdoor and indoor locations. This compound is resistant to both water and sun; however after a while it begins to break down quickly. Other than that, you have to spend a lot of time preparing the sealant and then more time applying it on the desired surface.
On the other hand, sealing tapes are made from a plastic composite that effectively sticks on most surfaces and endures for a longer time resisting sun and rain. Such a tape comes in multiple thickness options as needed for specific projects.
Ease of Use – More often than not people end up spending more time than expected with silicones. Applying it with devices or with hands is a tricky job in of itself, and you have to wait for it to dry to ensure that the area is sealed properly. That’s the reason why many people seek alternatives to wet silicone sealants.
Tapes are adjustable and can be cut according to the size. These are great for both small and bigger surfaces and take less than a few minutes to apply. In fact, weather sealing tapes conform to different curves and angles with much ease, and it can be used indoors and outdoors.
Pricing- Often the better solution to a problem is more expensive. However, it’s different with weather sealing tapes. They are affordable and can be used multiple number of times on different surfaces. A high quality roll of standard thickness is available for a few bucks, and you do not need to be an expert to apply it.
Wet silicone sealants have grown in prices in the recent years, and this due to all kinds of new compounds that promise better sealing. In fact, many come with additional pumping mechanisms that allow easy application. However, this takes a toll on the end cost and consumers end up paying a lot of money without ensuring if the sealant is going to work or not. For more information about all types of sealants, visit: https://foamsealant.com.au
Related Posts via Categories
- An Overview of Green Glue Whisper Clips and Its Advantages for Your Home
- Know the Different Types of Sealants and Their Common Applications and Purposes
- The Science Behind Electrical Sealing Tapes and Its Safety Features that Makes it Popular for General Use
- Soundproofing for Your Next Remodelling Project? Three Reasons Why You Should Choose Foam Sealant Products
- Uses and Applications of Pressure Sensitive Adhesives (PSA) in the Commercial Industry
- The Importance of Urethane Bumpers and Footpads and Their Uses and Applications
- Know the Best Products for Caravan Manufacturing and Leak Repairs
- All About Foam Tapes and Its Recommended Applications
- The Importance of Elongation in Electrical Tapes
- Common Causes of Adhesive Failure