Why Green Glue Products Become Necessities in SoundproofingOctober 24, 2016
Green glue products are amorphous in shape, but they cure to deliver a sharply clarified list of essential features. They stop loud noises, so their soundproofing credentials are unimpeachable. But, more than this, they also put this once expensive enterprise within arm’s reach of every homeowner. Consequently, soundproofing technology no longer belongs solely to recording studios and auditoriums, and it’s all thanks to these viscoelastic materials.
Add Green Glue Products to Soundproofing Toolkits
A superior soundproofing gig has to involve major structural remodelling, doesn’t it? Well, that’s not strictly true, not when an optimized sound dampening formulation can be applied via a caulking gun. The auditory isolation project then becomes accessible to all, with our Green material acting as a substrate that’s sandwiched between two wall layers. That means there’s no remodeling or renovation work, just acoustic dampening glue, wall panels, and fasteners. The construction-grade fasteners then compress the glue, at which point an eight-day curing period is all it takes to finish the soundproofing project.
Polymer-Dampened Sound Dissipation
There are literally hundreds of acoustic dampening solutions on the market, but they tend to preclude a straightforward means of stopping noise in its tracks. There are baffles and panels, drapes and peculiarly shaped wall sections. Weird geometries are used to shape sound envelopes and dissipate unwanted sound, which leads to an ever-escalating price point before the installation even starts. Green glue products smartly sidestep the fuss and expense incurred by these destructive processes. Instead, non-destructive chemical formulations use already existing drywall and add a secondary layer of rigid surface material, thus avoiding a potentially property-damaging acoustic attenuating solution.
Whenever a chemical compound is mentioned in a product, red flags go off, but the Green credentials of this sound dampener outshine and eliminate the red alarm. Essentially, this is a chemical compound, but it’s a water-based one, so there are no toxins or carcinogens to worry about. Better yet, the product is not a fire hazard, but it does convert propagating sound waves into tiny quantities of heat. Again, not to worry, those tiny converted mechanical emanations are rapidly dissipated.
Related Posts via Categories
- The Dangers of a Leaky Roof and How Eternabond EternaCaulk Can Resolve It
- Ensure Proper Sealing of Your Windows with EternaBond® WindowSeal
- Achieve Excellent Gasketing with KOREL Micro-cellular Polyurethane Foams
- All the Advantages and Applications of PVC Tapes
- Primary Applications of EternaBond Products
- Key Features and Applications of Green Glue Noiseproofing Compound
- How to Choose the Right Attachment Tape for Your Electrical Systems?
- Different Types of Sealants Used in Construction
- The Importance of Using Fungus Resistant Adhesives
- Three Reasons Why You Should Choose Fire-Retardant and Heat- Resistant Sealants