Purposes of EPDM Closure TapesNovember 19, 2018
EPDM foam rubbers are found in applications that demand variable compressibility features. A control panel, constantly opened for maintenance checks, is closed after each inspection. EPDM Closure Tapes perform robustly under such conditions. An automotive systems enclosure, water heater instrument panel, glass or wood-sealed apertures, they all benefit from the bounce-back capabilities of this specialized group of synthetic rubber foams.
EPDM Closure Tapes: A Performance Review
The strips conform to the shape of a control panel. Even if that enclosure includes curved surfaces, the compressible film adheres to its application zone. Self-tapping screws are perhaps securing instrument LEDs and control dials to the outside surface of the enclosure, but the foam easily conforms to the shape of their penetrating helical rods. Increasing the Ingress Protection rating (IP rating) of the cupboard, the robust edge-gasketing tape defeats the following ingress threats:
- Liquid water
- Fine-grained particulate matter
- Fungal penetrants
- Vibrational energies
To further augment closure performance, EPDM foam tapes can be found in various thicknesses.
Extreme Condition Product Implementation
Like the extruded seals that protect many dry enclosures, EPDM ((ethylene propylene diene terpolymer) closure tapes provide an essential gap-filling feature. If a reopenable seal in a chronically extreme environment is hampered by narrow gaps, the tape acts as a boundary sealing mechanism. It compresses at points along the seal joint that mate properly, but it also expands slightly to fill the gaps. Frankly, not every reopenable seal is created equal. The designers desire a latching or fastenable interface, but then they rely on an extruded gasket, not the seal geometry, as an environment gasket. Closure seals simply supplement poorly sealed openings, ones that are meant to open and close continually.
Installed When Environmental Effects Strike Hard
The heat in a boiler room is warping an instrument board. Elsewhere, a cold snap has caused an electrical cupboard to bend and distort. Tough plastics and metals are susceptible to such expansion and/or contraction events, but EPDM Closure Tapes are mostly immune to temperature fluctuations. If a window seal in an RV is leaking, an electrical cupboard is warping, or a dry enclosure is gapping badly, apply the synthetic rubber foam as a variable density edge warpage compensator. That’s its primary purpose, after all, to stop the second wave of attack that follows the initial seal warping assault.
Installed to stop water or steam, EPDM tapes protect electrical systems, RV interiors, windows and doors. Even installed after a frame has warped, the foam will compress or expand all along its length to compensate for the shape-distorting effects. Cars, homes, waterlogged plant rooms, the water-resistant gasketing performs with EPDM assisted distinction.
Related Posts via Categories
- Butyl Rods Available at Foam Sealant: The Key to Long-Lasting AC Installations
- EternaBond CopperFlash: Versatile Applications in Roofing Systems
- NORBOND V1500 Mirror Mount Tape for Damage-Free Mirror Installation
- EternaBond AlumiBond: Extending the Lifespan of Automotive Components
- Ensure Roof Durability with Eaves Filler Strips from Foam Sealant
- EternaBond WindowSeal MicroSealant: Your Ultimate Solution for Leaks and Drafts
- Ensure Long-lasting Protection for Your Building Roof with EternaBondRoofSeal
- Norseal Tapes and Films: Reliable Solutions for Electrical Applications
- The Right Window Sealing Materials from Foam Sealant
- Primary Features and Applications of Norbond V1500 Mirror Mount Tape